Last Updated: Last Updated: June 27, 2022
Mad Monkey Hostels (herein referred to as “Mad Monkey Hostels”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is dedicated to secure and protect your data privacy rights, and to guarantee that all personal data collected from customers are managed pursuant to the principles of genuine business purpose and transparency to maintain your privacy online.
1. Who are we?
We are engaged in the business of operating hotel, hostels and resorts in different parts of Southeast Asia. It is our goal to deliver the best travel experience for our guests and immersing our guests in the local culture and connecting them to the communities they are exploring.
2. What we may collect from you?
We will collect your personal information when you make a booking with us or use Mad Monkey Hostels websites and mobile applications. Such information may include, among others:
- Your name;
- Contact details (including your email address and telephone/mobile number;
- Government ID details;
- Details of your external accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Google);
- Credit card details via a reputable partner listed on the payment pages
- Country; and
- Such other information as we may collect with your consent or as required by law.
3. How we use your information
- Approve, facilitate, administer and process your booking;
- Respond to queries, requests and complaints and improve how we interact with you;
- Send you statements, billings, notices and other such documents necessary for continued use of our services;
- Conduct studies and researches for the purpose of reviewing, developing and improving our services;
- Reach out to you regarding products and services information, including offers, promotions, discounts, rewards;
- Perform such other activities permitted by law or with your consent;
4. How we may share your information
- We may share your personal information to the following:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, branches, related corporations, associates, assignees, agents, commercial partners service providers and/or any other parties engaged by us to enable or assist us in the provision of services;
- To companies which help us improve our business or third-party service providers which help us deliver services to you;
- To comply with legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements, national and foreign governmental requirements applicable to us or our affiliates or service providers; and
- To carry out all other purposes set out above.
5. How long do we keep your information?
Your personal details shall be retained by us until no longer used or useful in serving your requests or booking and/or until such time as it is no longer necessary to keep your information for any other legal and business purposes.
6. What are the customers’ rights?
You may communicate your objection to our use and/or disclosure of your personal information for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above at any time by contacting our customer service team at cs (at) madmonkeyhostels (dot) com. As a user, you have a right to have your data deleted, and we have a responsibility to delete your data upon request.
Please note that if you communicate your objection to our use and/or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes and in the manner as stated above, depending on the nature of your objection, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our services to you or perform on any contract we have with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such an event.
7. How do we protect your information?
We fully recognize the value of your personal information. Thus, we strive to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information by employing physical, technological and procedural precautions. We train our employees to properly handle your information. Whenever we engage other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect personal information aligned with our own security standards.
8. How can I request for my data to be deleted?
As a user, you have a right to have your data deleted, and we have a responsibility to delete your data upon request. You may request this by contacting our customer service team at cs (at) madmonkeyhostels (dot) com.
9. How to contact us?
Should you have questions regarding our privacy statement, about how your personal information is used, or about how to exercise your right of access, rectification, or objection under the Data Privacy Laws, you can contact us directly at the business address or e-mail address below:
10 Anson Road
Email. CS (at) madmonkeyhostels.com
Mad Monkey Hostels uses cookie in our web pages to:
- Maintain your session and required details during the booking process (session cookie)
- Collect website and mobile application usage data for statistical/analytic purposes (analytics cookie)
- Directing you to the correct landing page based on your geo-location (geo-targeting cookie)
- Provide analytics and user experience data
You may instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites or application that you visit. Mad Monkey Hostels website and application may not function properly if cookie setting is disabled.